Wildcard Domains & SSL Certs

Options
lcompston
lcompston
Community Member

Hi.

I currently have a number of services I access, that utilise a central authentication source. Rather than have dozens of password entries, which then show up as duplicate passwords, I summarised the URL's and created extra URL's in the following format.

.internal-domain.wan
.internal-domain2.wan
.publicdomain.com

I have noticed, that when accessing a single service via its publicdomain.com 1Password finds the correct entry.
When accessing the same service via its internal-domain.wan that it fails to find the correct entry. I believe this is possibly due to the fact that the HTTPS Cert doesn't have the internal domain name included. However, I have chosen to accept this as I have no control over the certs.

The interesting thing is that if 1Password has the exact name - https://servername.internal-domain.wan - it does find the password correctly.

It won't be a problem in the long term if certain functionality being put in place in at head office takes place, but currently, the publicdomain.com is only resolvable in certain circumstances inside the local network, so we have our own internal DNS Server that uses the internal-domain.wan format.

I haven't tested this, but I know that 1Password handles my self-signed certs that do include the internal-domain / private domain on my home network, even if they are not signed by a valid authority other than my own internal CA.

Is there any reason why this behaviour exists? Should it be recognising my server, or is it failing to recognise it by design?

Thanks.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @lcompston,

Are you using 1Password 4.2 or later? If so, could you please go to 1Password 4 > Preferences > Browser and check the Lenient URL matching option.

Please let me know if that makes a difference! :)

• lcompston
    lcompston
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me.

Unfortunately I am on the latest AppStore release so I don't have that option.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lcompston‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. Our developers have done a great job of squashing bugs lately, and version 4.3 for 1Password is now available as a free update! Please ensure that you are updated to the latest and greatest version of 1Password 4 and let me know if you are still seeing this issue. If you are, we will of course investigate further. :)

This discussion has been closed.