Finding unclassified login

Options
iwonder3
iwonder3
Community Member

Ok, perhaps "Unclassified" is a bad word to use here, but here is the deal:

I went over each and every login I have and reviewed tags assigned to them. I then created 2 smart folder to capture logins which are "important" and "other". For instance, in my world, to be important you need to be about money, online_shopping, medical etc and to end up in other you need to be about things i no longer care about.

That being said, I have about 150+ logins and would like to have another smart list to list things that are not found in either one smart list.

Trying to be organized here :)

Can this be done please?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Would not Search > All Items > Tag > Is Not > Important + Tag > Is Not > Other do the trick? Then, of course, save the search as a smart folder. Or have I misunderstood something (quite possible!)?

Stephen

• iwonder3
    iwonder3
    Community Member
    Options

Right, except in my example, "important" is not a tag but rather a collection of tags.

Let me rephrase the problem as follows: "Can i find all logins not listed as part of SmartFolderA and SmartFolderB"?

• iwonder3
    iwonder3
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

As an extension of the problem, "How can I find passwords that are covered by Important SmartFolder and that haven't been updated in lets say a year"?

I thought I could do things like Folder->Is->Important and ..., but this does not seem to cover SmartFolders

Here is an example of how I'd like for things to work. Right now "important" is a smart folder with 54 items, yet this search gives me nothing.

http://imgur.com/LWK6EGP

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, I think some standing on heads is necessary for this one..! :)

How about tagging everything in Smart Folder A "SFA", everything in Smart Folder B...you can see where this is going, I'm sure! Then search for anything not tagged SFA or SFB. (And, of course, carry out the "not updated for more than a year" part...)

The disadvantages of course are:

1. Anything automatically added to the smart folders in future is not tagged. :(
    2. You have to create two new tags which are only of transient importance.

Sorry, it's a kludge!

Stephen

• iwonder3
    iwonder3
    Community Member
    Options

Can elements be mass-tagged? Following your suggestion, is is possible to select many items and tag them all?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, you can mass-tag. Just ⌘ + click on each item you want to select. You can then drag the list to the tag in the sidebar.

Stephen

• iwonder3
    iwonder3
    Community Member
    Options

Got it. Great.

This discussion has been closed.