Problem getting to accept license file [resolved]

Options
Cowboy59
Cowboy59
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Below is my experience with purchasing a family license for mac from the agile bits store. Hopefully you will use this info to improve customer experience.

1. I successfully purchased the product through your store.
  2. I received an email thanking me for my purchase and there is no license information. My only option is to click on a link to automatically add your license. However the link is disabled (I am in google mail within safari). So now I am totally stuck.
  3. I open 1Password and select the license... menu item.
  4. I am presented with Please Register 1Password dialog.
  5. I select Enter License... and am asked for a Name: and Key: which I do not have. Now I am totally frustrated.
  6. I go back to my email and see a link in the very top that says if you have troubles viewing the email view it here.
  7. I click the link and am taken to a customer center asking me to login
  8. I enter my email and password. I don't have a password so I select request password and am told a password has been emailed to me.
  9. I go back to email and wait for an email to arrive. I get the email.
  10. I return to the web page and enter the password.
  11. I am taken to a new page saying Click here to automatically add your license. I click the link.
  12. Safari will not open the window, so I am stuck again other than to choose the application.
  13. At this point I am ready to ask for my money back because all of this way too frustrating.
  14. I choose 1Password and it opens. I again go to the license menu item and am back at the same point I was before (see item 4: above)
  15. At this point I go back to the window where I ordered the product - and I must say thankfully I did not close it or I would have been totally unable to use your product and would have been absolutely requesting a refund.
  16. I notice on the window it says if you have issue refer to this guide.
  17. I click the link and am presented with the ability to download a license file.
  18. I down load the file and open 1Password on my macbook and all is well.
  19. Now how to get the license applied to my iMac?
  20. Same exact series of events only now I have no way to download the file since the link where I purchased the license is on my macbook
  21. I attempt putting the license file in dropbox and utilizing it from the iMac - no success. Apparently the license file cannot be carried from machine to machine.
  22. I type the exact link in the browser in the iMac. No success, apparently the file is a one time use.

SOMEONE HELP AS THIS IS REDICULOUS

Comments

• Cowboy59
    Cowboy59
    Community Member
    Options

PS Someone needs to offer to call me as I don't have time to do this for an extended period of time.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Cowboy59,

Sorry to hear about the trouble getting 1Password licensed!

I select Enter License... and am asked for a Name: and Key: which I do not have. Now I am totally frustrated.

It sounds like you may be trying to use 1Password 3 (old version), while your license is for 1Password 4 (current version).

If you need to use version 3 for some reason (ex: you don't have OS X 10.8 or later), please send an email to support+sales@agilebits.com and we'll hook you up with a version 3 license key.

If you'd like to use the current version, you can download 1Password 4 here: https://agilebits.com/downloads

Please let me know if that helps! :)

• Cowboy59
    Cowboy59
    Community Member
    Options

I am on 1Password 4

• Cowboy59
    Cowboy59
    Community Member
    Options

think a bit more next time as I just purchased the product

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Cowboy59,

If you are using 1Password 4, please follow these instructions:

• Open your license email and click on the this guide link. (Gmail breaks the Click here to automatically add your license link).

• Click the Download License File link.

• After your download completes, you will find your 1Password 4 license file in your downloads folder.

• Double click the file and 1Password will process the registration.

If double clicking the file does not work:

• Open 1Password 4, go to 1Password 4 > License… in the menu bar, and choose Add License…

• A Finder window will appear. Please navigate to your license file in the downloads folder, and select it.

Please let me know if that works!

• Cowboy59
    Cowboy59
    Community Member
    Options

please read all of my steps I have done exactly what you propose. The file I am downloading is not working. PLEASE READ WHAT I HAVE ALREADY WRITTEN!!!!!!

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @Cowboy59,

I'd just like to clarify a few things. Do you have a .onepassword-license file somewhere on your Mac?

Like this:

• Cowboy59
    Cowboy59
    Community Member
    Options

Yes and it worked for my macbook (again read my steps!!!!!!!!!!) However, I cannot get the file to work on any other machine (again read my steps !!!!!!!!!!!)

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Cowboy59,

I've sent you the link to download the license file in a private message. Please let me know if that works on the iMac.

• Cowboy59
    Cowboy59
    Community Member
    Options

Jasper the file downloads corrupted - can you use join me so I can show you what is happening

• Cowboy59
    Cowboy59
    Community Member
    Options

when the file downloads it is not getting an icon and when you open it nothing happens

• Cowboy59
    Cowboy59
    Community Member
    Options

I am at my end. We either get this fixed or give refund my credit card. I have already spend far too many hours on this.

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @Cowboy59,

We definitely want to get this fixed for you! :)

Please respond to my latest private message, and we'll go from there.

• Cowboy59
    Cowboy59
    Community Member
    Options

there is no add license. I get a license dialog asking to purchase, lost my license or enter license. It almost appears as though the 1Password install on my iMac is incomplete and has a partial install of version 3 or something

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Cowboy59,

That really sounds like 1Password 3. Can you please download a fresh copy of 1Password 4 to your iMac from here: https://agilebits.com/downloads

• Cowboy59
    Cowboy59
    Community Member
    Options

yes - should I do a complete uninstall first

• Cowboy59
    Cowboy59
    Community Member
    Options

how can i send you a screen shot

• Cowboy59
    Cowboy59
    Community Member
    Options

Re-downloading 1Password corrected the problem. Now both my macs are working.

• Jasper
    Options

Awesome! :)

I'm gonna close this discussion now. Feel free to create a new one if you need anything else.

This discussion has been closed.