1Password 4.1.2 - Not Saving LogIns - wondering where 4.2.2 is [moved to email]

Options
macbuz
macbuz
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I've used 1Password for quite a while - the free version. All was well till a couple days ago when 1P quit saving new logins. I found the knowledge base article regarding this but it was no help. I reinstalled the extension (uninstalled first) and that didn't make a difference. I decided it was time to 'pony up' the $25 (thank you for the reduced price) and install a paid version, but again it made no difference. I have many logins and some are old and of no use and others are duplicates and of no use so I'm in the process of weeding 1P and at times recreating Logins - but as I'm saying, 1P is not cooperating. I'm using Mavericks 10.9.2 and Safari 7.0.3

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

As to the whereabouts of 4.2 please see this announcement at the top of the forum.

Stephen

Stephen

• macbuz
    macbuz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Hoping I can get a pointer on the auto fill issue.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @macbuz,

It just so happens that today is the day we have all been waiting for - version 4.3 of 1Password is now available as a free update! Please update to the latest (and greatest) version of 1Password 4 and let me know if this issue is still present. If it is, we will of course investigate further. :)

• macbuz
    macbuz
    Community Member
    Options

Ok - I have 1P 4.3 installed and uninstalled and reinstalled the Safari extension 4.1.0. Two possible issues. One, I have two mini 1P 'keys' in my menu bar. The other is a thought regarding Safari's autofill feature. Is it possible that Safari's autofill somehow conflicts with 1P autofill? As to the double mini 1P's in the menu bar, it feels like one of them is a remnant of a previous version of 1P, but without that version am unable to turn it off in the preferences. Standing by for direction - thank you.

• macbuz
    macbuz
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Attaching an image of my Finder - shows 2 1P files in my ~Library/Application Support. They are quite different and only one is labeled 1P 4. I hesitate to do anything with either but feel I should eliminate one.

• macbuz
    macbuz
    Community Member
    Options

Attaching an image of my Finder - shows 2 1P files in my ~Library/Application Support. They are quite different and only one is labeled 1P 4. I hesitate to do anything with either but feel I should eliminate one.

This is fruitless - not getting an image that is legible.

• macbuz
    macbuz
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Gonna try again with another image done with Evernote.

Must be a 1P Forum limitation :(

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

If you host your images someplace like Evernote, you can post them as links and they will be big enough to be useful. I ordinarily use Skitch as the intermediary for all this. I have no idea why the forum even allows posting such uselessly small images. It should slow bigger direct posts or none. IMO.

• macbuz
    macbuz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you hawkmoth - I'll check it out. Not 'sure' whatI'm doing but experimenting to my Evernote acct.

https://www.evernote.com/Home.action#st=p&n=cf60da7e-c6f1-42bd-a5d2-b8268d2bece4

• macbuz
    macbuz
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Getting in trouble here - the link above was wrong but gonna try this one now -

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s95/sh/cf60da7e-c6f1-42bd-a5d2-b8268d2bece4/308852b973d4f001b10eb84a598b220d

Oh much better - ok - now sit back and wait for a passerby. :) Maybe if it's an admin they would delete the post above.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

If you click on the picture icon just above the box in which you enter your posts, you will be presented with a dialog pop up. Paste your link in that box and the image should be served embedded in your post. (Hope that's clear.)

• macbuz
    macbuz
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

It is clear hawkmoth but doesn't seem to be working. In Evernote Web I select Share>Link and paste that into the box you refer to and get a '?' in a blue box.

Finally!! :)

• macbuz
    macbuz
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Update on my issues:

I have solved the issue of the two 1P mini icons in my menu bar using this article - http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/start-over.html

However 1P4 does not seem to be auto filling for me. I only tested one site and that was trying my iCloud page.The browser extension password text box has the light grey text "(null) vault" and won't accept my password - it reports in red text, "There is no vault, please open 1Password.app". Opening 1P4 doesn't change the browser ext behavior. The 1P extension is enabled in Safari preferences.

In ~Library/application support/.... I now have three 1P folders each with different contents. Attaching another finder screen shot. I don't know if I can drag items from the old folders to the new and if so, which are relevant - i.e. maybe 1P4 has a different folder structure (I don't know)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

When you started afresh did you, after clicking on "Great. Let's get started", choose "I have used 1Password before"? That should enable it to locate your database.

Stephen

• macbuz
    macbuz
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I did and chose the local folder which contained my latest backups etc. The extra problem I have now is wanting to weed out two of the 1P folders in application support, but am unsure of which folders to put in 1P4 from the other older iterations of 1P.

Then of course I'm still dealing with the autofill function.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does it help at all if you look at the dates of the various folders in finder? You may know, for example, when you last updated and be able to link that date to a certain folder. (I'm sure you've thought of that, already! Sorry if so.)

Stephen

• macbuz
    macbuz
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Really my question relates to the contents of the various 1P folders, they are different, so I don't know what the folder structure of 1P4 should be.

If you look at the first image of the two 1P folders (one is 1P4) and the contents are so different. 1P has 7 items in it and 1P4 has 2. There is no agilekeychain in the new one nor is the license in the new - although the no license doesn't seem to effect anything unless 1P looks in the 'old' 1P folder and finds the license. Anyway, the question ultimately is 'what does the 1P4 folder structure look like?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

1P4 does not use a keychain but an sqlite database. I think post #2 in this thread may give you some help in finding the appropriate folder (even though it relates to backup folders). Looking at the screen shot referred to in post #11 above:

1. the 1Password folder (top half of shot) relates to 1P3;
    2. the 1Password 4 folder (lower half of shot) is what you're looking for...subject only as mentioned below.

I have one warning comment. As the application shows as 1Password 4 in your Applications folder it means you bought the AgileBits store version and not the Mac app store version. (The Mac app store version would display as 1Password.) If that is not correct (i.e., if you in fact bought from the Mac app store) there may be additional complications so please treat what I've said with caution.

Stephen

• macbuz
    macbuz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, you have provided some clarity at least. I did in fact buy from the Mac App Store so now of course am wondering what else there is which I don't know. Do I understand you to say that the lower half of my image above represents the proper contents for 1P4, but that I need some clarification as to why it displays as 1P4? I may have to contact AgileBits directly as opposed to using the forum here.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @macbuz,

It appears there's been a mixup between your usage of 1Password 4 from the Agile Web Store and your recent purchase from the Mac App Store. Those version have different 1Password databases, which can explain the issues you've reported having.

So we can help you get this all sorted out please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you with getting 1Password 4 working properly with the correct data. Thanks in advance!

• macbuz
    macbuz
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sending the report etc - sorry about the short notice.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We've received your report, @macbuz -- thanks for sending that in! Our team will follow up with you directly in email to help resolve trouble you're having with the 1Password extension and anything else. I'll close this topic now so we're not getting mixed up between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.