Replace items synced to device.

Options
ArthurNieder
ArthurNieder
Community Member

I pared from 325 to 271 items in 1Password 4. But because I can't replace the items when syncing to devices, the devices added back all items to the Mac. Please consider adding a replace function to your sync function. Is this a common problem? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• corywright
    corywright
    Community Member
    Options

This exact problem is why I just registered for an account on this forum.

I had close to 700 logins in 1Password 4, and I just spent half an hour deleting over 200 old and used logins. It was very disheartening to see that after syncing my Mac with my iPhone via wifi everything that I had spent so much time deleting is back on my Mac now.

As I do not want to sync my data with any cloud provider, is there any other way around this? Is there a plan to solve this issue?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@corywright‌ I'm afraid I can't answer the first part of your post (so can't help @ArthurNieder‌ either)...but someone will come along to help with that, rest assured.

As to the last question have you looked at wifi sync? You need 1P4 for iOS on your iPhone in order to be able to use it but it doesn't rely on use of the cloud at all. Another alternative, which isn't really "sync" but works well if you tend to update items only on your Mac, is folder sync.

Stephen

• corywright
    corywright
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C‌ Thanks, but I did a wifi sync, that's what I meant by this:

after syncing my Mac with my iPhone via wifi

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@corywright‌ I do apologise for the over hasty reading of your original post. However, if you want to avoid cloud sync the only ways of which I know are wifi sync and folder sync.

Stephen

• corywright
    corywright
    Community Member
    Options

That's answering different question, thanks though.

I am looking for a way to avoid having items that I deleted on my Mac be restored from the iPhone when I sync the two.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ArthurNieder‌ and @corywright,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

Our developers are currently tracking an issue where 1Password can select the older of two entries when performing a sync. I sincerely apologize that this seems to have happened to you - it's not a fun thing. The good news is that this bug has been resolved and the next update should have things behaving properly for you.

In the meantime though, to get this sorted out, I suggest the following:

• Go to File > Backup in 1Password 4 for Mac and select the most recent backup that shows your pared-down item count and restore to that.
    • On the iOS app, go to Settings > Advanced > Erase Data
    • Restart your iOS app
    • Perform a fresh Wi-Fi sync.

Please let me know how this works!

• ArthurNieder
    ArthurNieder
    Community Member
    Options

08-11-14 This worked fine! Thanks for your help! I pared down 1Password items and using WiFi Sync, pared down folder is on my iPhone!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ArthurNieder‌

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're back up and running, I'm so glad to hear my steps helped you out!

I hope that things work smoothly for you from now on, but if you hit any further snags, we're here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.