Problem synching with dropbox - see update info - need help

Options
Cowboy59
Cowboy59
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

I have successfully installed 1P on my macbook and everything, including synching, is working fine. I had troubles this weekend getting 1P working on my iMac, but after assistance from agile bits and redownloading 1P4 it appeared to be working. However, when I went to synching and set to synch with my dropbox, 1P preferences shows the dropbox folder and states "Never synched". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling 1P4 but nothing corrects the problem.

If I try changing synching to disable (and I do NOT opt to delete my dropbox file) and then turn synching on and reselect the folder, I get a dialog stating "The operation could not be completed. No other information is available about the problem.".

Please help.

Also, when I attempt to create a login I get the error you see in the attached file and there is an attached file of the main screen- notice the strange number string.

Comments

• Cowboy59
    Cowboy59
    Community Member
    Options

All,

I have solved my own problem. Hey Agilebits, you should refund me my license fee for having spent the last 3 hours discovering my own problem, for which there was not a single response to my post. It turns out that the uninstall of 1P 3 did not completely uninstall the mini 1P 3. As such when running 1P 4, the dropbox synch did not work and none of my logins showed up. I was left wondering what was going on since no error message was presented that stated "you have the wrong version of 1P 3 mini running." Clearly Agilebits needs to tighten up the installation process of new versions and the cleanup of old versions. I have spent the 8 hours over the last 2 days trying to get this all sorted out.

Eventually I found a post by searching through google that pointed out that you had to hold down the control key while shutting down 1P 4 in order to stop the 1P mini (which was 1P 3 mini in my case). Once all of that had occurred I had to run the 1P 3 uninstaller and then manually cleanup 1P 4.

Once all of that was accomplished, I was able to reinstall 1P 4 on my iMac and it then started properly synching with Dropbox and all of my macs had the proper list of logins, etc.

Hope this helps someone else and that Agilebits reads my posts from the last two days to seen how arduous all of this was. Great product when it is working but improvements, as mentioned before, regarding installation and upgrade would help significantly.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Cowboy59‌

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get this sorted out, but I am truly sorry that it was such a process for you. Please do let us know if you run into any further snags, and we'd be more than happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.