Local Folder Sync Issue

Options
Jeff Smith
Jeff Smith
Community Member

Hi,
New user to 1Password - Great product!!!

I however am a Mac and Android user and I'm not a fan of having the keychain synced via dropbox as that leaves my network/control. So what I've been doing is using my Android phone to SFTP into my Mac when i'm on my local network to grab the keychain when I update it. In the beta version of the app it gives me an error on sync saying something about the keys have changed (unfortunately I can't grab a screen shot due to it going away quickly).

Like a similar post here about bluetooth sync, I'd like to vote for a wifi sync option...or perhaps at least to simply replace the keychain file with a new one and have the app be ok with that.

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hi Jeff! Thanks for your support of 1Password, I am really happy to hear you're enjoying the beta so far. :) It sounds like the sync error you are getting could be with your encryptionkey.js file in your agilekeychain. While syncing, you can tap on the notification in your notification drawer to see a complete list of your sync log.

Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+androidbeta@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you.

Lastly, I'll add your vote for WiFi sync support! Thanks for your feedback.

This discussion has been closed.