Master PW fails after 4.3 update

Options
NatalieDM
NatalieDM
Community Member

The same master PW still works on my iPad so, in order to access my sites, I have to manually enter my login PWs from the iPad onto the computer. I tried restoring 1Password from backup but, while the app opens, it still does not accept my Master PW. So I assume the MPW file is located somewhere else and not with the app. Syncing is turned off. I am afraid to turn it on since I have no idea in which direction it will sync (if indeed it does sync). Working on a Mac Pro desktop, OS 10.9.2. Which file do I need to restore to have my Master PW recognized? Obviously restoring did not repair the florfed MPW file. Failing that, is my only other option starting over on the Mac and then manually entering in all those long PWs from the iPad?

Comments

• NatalieDM
    NatalieDM
    Community Member
    Options

I have assumed that my update process was somehow screwed up. Simply reverting back to an earlier version (4.1.2) did not fix the master password issue. So, absent any help, and not having forgot my master password, I followed the (not easy to find) instructions to Start Over. It found my iCloud file and when I re-opened 1Password, lo and behold, it accepted my very same master password once more. But, not understanding what happened, I am afraid to try updating (and it not recognizing) again. Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated.

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for contacting us via email. We will handle this via email to avoid any confusion.

This discussion has been closed.