Replicate command backslash on iPad

Options
itsulon
itsulon
Community Member

I recently installed 1Password on my Macbook Air and then successfully synced to my iMac and iPad. That's all fine and working but on my iPad there are some sites I can't get into because: when the login page comes up I don't know how to replicate the 'command backslash' keystrokes. Neither the iPad instruction guide nor just googleing in general has produced any joy.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Because Apple's sandboxing requirements prevent 1Password from installing browser extension to Mobile Safari or to interact in any other way directly with Safari, there is a built-in browser in 1Password. It's called 1Browser, and the best way to access it for a site that will require your login credentials is to open 1Password, go to the record for that site, and tap the URL in that record. That will open 1Browser and submit your credentials like Cmd-\ does on the Mac.

That's not ideal, but it's all we get unless Apple changes its policy. Other than that, cut and paste of your credentials from 1Password is the only other option.

(This probably should be moved to the iOS forum.)

• itsulon
    itsulon
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for moving this to the proper forum, by the way, and for your help. Actually, I had already discovered the 1Browser maneuver just by experimenting but didn't realize what was taking place because I hadn't heard about 1Browser. But as I'm sure you know, it doesn't work with all sites; and so for those that don't, unless there's a way to replicate 'Command' on the iPad, cut and paste is the only other option, it appears. Thanks again!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @itsulon,

I'm so glad to hear that @hawmoth's advice was helpful to you. For sites that don't fill automatically, simply tap on the fields you want filled and tap the key icon in the upper menu bar. This is 1Browser's version of 1Password Mini. It will show you the Logins that match the site you are on. It also holds your credit card and identity data in case you need to do some online shopping. :)

This discussion has been closed.