still can't change password of secondary vault?

Options
NickIceCream
NickIceCream
Community Member

boo hiss!

new version still doesn't provide an interface for changing the password of a secondary vault? very disappointed. This is hardly a security "feature".

Comments

• FreemanD
    FreemanD
    Community Member
    Options

+++1 for request for this to be fixed ASAP

• mpvescio
    mpvescio
    Community Member
    Options

+1 This is a must have feature!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @NickIceCream‌, @FreemanD‌ and @mpvescio‌

Thanks for the feedback here! You can edit a vault's details after creation (try following the instructions Edit a Vault's details after creation here), but you're right, it's not simple.

I'll mention to our developers that you're keen on seeing this process simplified. :)

• askewchan
    askewchan
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan, those instructions allow changing the icon/color/name, but don't work to change the password. Unfortunately, since an agilekeychain file already has its own password, when you open it, 1P offers to create a new vault with it and of course needs the existing password, but offers no opportunity to change the password.

@NickIceCream‌, @FreemanD‌, @mpvescio‌: I worked around this problem with the following steps:

1. Go into the secondary vault whose password I'd like to change 1Password 4 > Switch to Vault > <secondary>
    2. Export the data File > Export > All data
    3. Delete the vault 1Password 4 > Delete <secondary> Vault...
    4. Create a new vault 1Password 4 > New Vault... giving it the same name, icon, color, but new password
    5. In the new vault (switch from Primary to Secondary if necessary), import the old data File > Import...
  • Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @askewchan‌

Thanks so much for providing those steps here. :)

• FreemanD
    FreemanD
    Community Member
    Options

any updates or ETA on fixes for this & other issues with vaults? LOVE 1password, but disappointed with implementation of vaults...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @FreemanD,

Again, I'm sorry that I don't have much of an update for you here. I can't comment much on unreleased features other than to say that our developers are working on this. I really appreciated you following up, and I'll be sure to let the devs know that you're looking forward to some improvements here.

internal reference number: OPM-900

This discussion has been closed.