Broken Functionality that I Needed - Is there a workaround?

Options
joshw
joshw
Community Member

I see that the default to sync is now iCloud - everywhere except for the Windows Client. Well, I use a Windows Client regularly. I have been sitting here changing passwords for the past couple days because of heartbleed. Note: windows only seems to support Dropbox (via local file).

My personal machine - a Macbook Pro running OSX apparently only syncs via iCloud. I suspect that is not new, but it creates a problem.

Up until today I could open my iPhone or iPad and have it sync between the two sources. That appears to ahve gone away effective today.

I love the app - well, at least I did.

I bought licenses for all these platforms - and now I am screwed.

What is the workaround?

Thank you.

Comments

• joshw
    joshw
    Community Member
    Options

Argh. I liked having a backup on iCloud in addition to my dropbox. Apparently I have to switch everything to dropbox with no multi-sync. Argh.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, the option to sync to both services was removed because users were having trouble with confused databases. So from now on, it's iCloud OR Dropbox, not both. But I'm confused about your thinking that your Mac can only use iCloud. It too has a choice between the two sync options. You will have to discontinue syncing in the Sync tab of Preferences, but once you do that, you can then choose either one.

This discussion has been closed.