Issue when submitting username and password using Command + \

Options
ypavlos
ypavlos
Community Member

Hello,

I have the latest version of 1password for Mac. When using some websites and attempting to log-in (using the Safari mac shortcut command + ) I have noticed that there are instances where the username (and even sometimes the password) are submitted in multiples fields on the same page. For instance on the website https://www.topcashback.co.uk/logon?PageRequested=

I hit the command + \ and my username gets populated in the "search merchant field" on the top, "search merchant field" on the bottom, on the mailing list on the bottom and also in the correct members "login field".

Even when typing my discussion on this forum I hit the command + \ and my email got populated on the "Discussion Title". I understand the difficulty of locating the username field however I would recommend a review of how it is done.

Thanks,
P

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

One way to resolve issues like this is to re-create and save the login manually. Does that help with your troublesome logins?

Stephen

• ypavlos
    ypavlos
    Community Member
    Options

Stephen,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I did this and the issue was indeed fixed. May I ask why do you think the issue happened? Should I generally follow this type of first time saving of passwords especially for critical passwords (banking, etc)?

Thanks a lot!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@ypavlos‌ I'm by no means an expert on the internal workings of 1P. :) All I know is that sometimes things end up in the wrong fields (you can see what fields they're in if you click on show web form details in one of your login items)...maybe, for example, because a login has been imported from 1P3 and something has gone awry at that stage. What I do know if that often if you re-create and save the login manually it solves the problem. I think, though, you need to do that only when you find a login that doesn't work. You shouldn't have to do it for all logins.

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.