custom fields compatibility Mac / Win / Web (1PasswordAnywhere)

Options
fmi
fmi
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Hello,
i just downloaded 1Password for Mac and Windows for evaluation because of the current sale. As I use Windows, Mac and iPhone I'm looking for an integrated solution to have my data and always with me and up-to-date. I really like the 1PasswordAnywhere feature to access my data without the need of installing the 1password client.

The software perfectly fits if I only wanted to store username / password. Now I want all of my digital life in one secure place. I used the Mac client to add an iTAN list to a sample bank account entry using custom fields. Field names are 1,2,3… and values a the TAN numbers formatted as password. Neither those custom fields are supported by the windows client nor they show up in the web client (see attached screenshots). Then I attached an image file to this sample entry, but it seems like attachments only work on Mac and Windows but not on the web browser. What I wanted to do was to create a list/entry like the TAN wizard tool in KeePass does. How would I do this in 1Password?

In the web client I noticed some unreadable records like falsefalsefalse, [Object object]. What happened?

Please find attached a copy of this sample vault (password is demo) and some screenshots for a better understanding.

Thanks for your assistance :)

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fmi,

The current version of Windows does not support custom fields, but happily, we're working on an awesome update that will bring 1Password for Windows up to 1Password 4's standards. Custom fields will be available then!

1PasswordAnywhere is also due for a version 4 update, although I don't have details on when that will be available.

You can sign up to help test the Windows beta here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html :)

• dirtyheizer
    dirtyheizer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan, so I just want to come back to that topic if in the meantime w/ maybe 1pass V4.x has been improvements made in usage of iTAN?
    Are you guys working on an item like that?
    I am pretty much interested of that feature as I used before KeePass and worked smoothly w/ (i)TAN.

So just courios wondering as this 'd be possible to integrate.
    So as you can see in the screenshot once all TANs are hacked in, w/ a right click and choosing "copy", the TAN is corssed out and the new status is stored.

Thanks.
    dirtyheizer

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dirtyheizer‌

Thanks for checking in on us! At this time, 1Password doesn't support HOTP (HMAC-Based One-Time Password) or
    TOTP (Time-Based One-Time Password), but it's a very popular feature request and I'm happy to add your vote to the issue in our internal tracker.

ref: OPM-115

• dirtyheizer
    dirtyheizer
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Megan
    appreciate!
    Looking forward to that!
    Cheers

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dirtyheizer,

Happy to help :) We're here if you have any other questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.