Newsstand Subscriptions

Options
Bill_McQ
Bill_McQ
Community Member

I'd appreciate suggestions on how to handle the magazine subscriptions that reside in my iPad Air's Newsstand folder. Access to them normally requires a User Name (sometimes that equates to a subscription number) and password. Moreover, once access is obtained, a particular magazine issue is downloaded. This prices is similar to logging on to a Web page but the URL is never visible. I'd like the process to be as automatic as possible. What category of item is appropriate? Should a new one be created?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

To the best of my knowledge, it isn't possible to do what you want, except by cut and paste. Sandboxing requirement from Apple preclude the kind of interaction among applications that would be needed to automate this.

Similarly, in the OS X application, automatic credential submission is only possible through web browsers, so the same thing applies there too.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bill_McQ‌

It seems to me like Logins is the best category for you here. Even though there's not a visible URL, the username and password will fit in nicely here.

As @hawkmoth says, we cannot do anything (like filling) in another app. This is due to restrictions put into place by Apple. These sandboxing restrictions also prohibit 1Password from providing browser extensions for mobile browsers. This is why we have 1Browser available within the 1Password app: to allow you to take advantage of 1Password's stored information and filling capabilities.

Currently to log into other apps such as the Facebook native app (or your newspaper subscriptions), you need to copy and paste from the 1Password app. 1Password makes this easy as you can simply tap on the username or password to copy it. 1Password will then clear out the clipboard within a given time period to ensure that your important information does not stay in the clipboard after you no longer have a need for it. You can check out Apps that love 1Password to see which apps have added 1Password integration into their interface.

This discussion has been closed.