Can 1Password give me the option of logging into the right DB account?

jevonwebster
jevonwebster
Community Member

I looked through all the menus on the beta and can't find any place to logout as one user on DB and login as another. I have a DB work acct and a personal one. My phone keeps pulling up the personal one when my 1P data is in the business one. Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @jevonwebster‌,

Judging from your comments above, you have the Dropbox app installed on your phone. When you select "Sync using Dropbox" during setup in 1Password, the Dropbox app generates a screen where you can authorize 1Password to access the Dropbox for the current account. The key here is the Dropbox app can only be linked to one account at a time.

Since 1Password and the Dropbox app do not talk to each other after the initial setup process, there is a workaround for this. Assuming that you want to keep the Dropbox app linked to your personal account, but have 1Password access your vault in your business account, you can do the following:

1. Make sure that any files in your personal and business Dropbox accounts are fully synced.
    2. Launch the Dropbox app, sign out of your personal account and then sign into your business account.
    3. Launch 1Password and complete the setup process.
    4. Switch back to the Dropbox app, sign out of your business account and then sign into your personal account.

After following these steps, you should have your 1Password syncing with the vault in your business Dropbox and the Dropbox app linked to your personal account. I hope that helps! Please let me know if you need any additional help with this.

This discussion has been closed.