very often file sync / changes for file contents.js Version (4.3.1 and 4.3.1-beta 4)

Options
kalle789
kalle789
Community Member

Hi,

is that normally that very often the file contents.js is changed?

What I mean is that on my iMac with 10.8.5 very often if I only use 1Password I see the message window from synology cloud that the file contents.js is changed. Some times I recognize the change more than up to ten times.

Systemenvironment: 2 Macs (10.8.5 and 10.9.2); File Sync is on and sync folder is synchronized with synology cloud station (actual version on both system); 1Password Version (4.3.1 beta 4 and 4.3.1)

BR,
Kalle

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kalle789‌

The contents.js file will be changed whenever you change an item in your database. :) If you've been changing passwords a lot lately due to Heartbleed, that could be why you're seeing such frequent updates of this file.

• kalle789
    kalle789
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan

ok thanks for the explanation but I that not the case. I see that if I only use a login from 1password wallet. So from my point of view I only read from the database.

Another behavior I see if the store is unlocked and time machine is running a backup also the contents.js seems to be changed.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @kalle789‌,

Are you experiencing any problems with sync? If everything is syncing correctly, I wouldn't worry about changes to the contents.js file.

If 1Password isn't syncing everything, please let us know and we can investigate! :)

This discussion has been closed.