No autofill? No site recognition!

Options
cjf
cjf
Community Member

Since upgrading yesterday, 1Password has ceased to work for me in an important way. When visiting web sites, I can't autofill anything as the site I'm on apparently isn't registering with 1Password. I hit Command+\ and mini shows up but there is no recognition that I'm on a site it knows about. I've checked the urls and they match, and I event went and turned "Lenient URL Matching" on. What gives?

Setup below...

1Password 4
Version 4.3 (430017)
Agile Web Store

OS X 10.9.2

Chrome 34.0.1847.131 extension version 4.1.1.90
Safari 7.0.3 (9537.75.14) extension version 4.1.0

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You are not alone. I sometimes (but randomly and unpredictably) have the same problem using Firefox 28 and 1P4 4.3.1.BETA-4 (with the Firefox 4.2.0b16 extension).

Stephen

• cjf
    cjf
    Community Member
    Options

I assume that means you don't have a fix either? I tried the beta extension in chrome, but no luck there either. What a pain!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

No, no fix for me at the moment. Also reported by someone in the beta forum, here.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cjf,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

I'm curious. Are you seeing a difference in data between the extension and the mini? It sounds to me like there's a disconnect somewhere. Does the Mini show the 'Please install the Chrome extension' option at the top?

• cjf
    cjf
    Community Member
    Options

I actually solved this about an hour ago. I uninstalled 1Password and all its support files (in ~/Library and the like) but didn't touch the 1Password keychain that I sync via Dropbox. Then I just reinstalled and it seems to be working now.

To be clear though, the mini and extension both worked in that I find the entries via the search box, but it wouldn't autofill the entry on page. Also, selecting the entry took me to the login page associated with the entry, but still didn't autofill.

• Meek
    Options

Hi @cjf,

Awesome, I'm glad to hear that you got it working! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

This discussion has been closed.