Options
2»

Comments

• amswitzer
    amswitzer
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

@panoz7‌: YES EXACTLY! Apologies if I wasn't clear but thanks for explaining.

@MrRooni‌: That link is accessed from the message that pops up when you get this error.

• Ah, my apologies, you're right. I will see about getting that page updated. Thank you for the explanation.

• JOeMTC
    JOeMTC
    Community Member
    Options

I second @panoz7. People love the 1PasswordAnywhere feature and what sold me to this program among the other password managers out there. What kept me using 1Password was the consistent help I received everything time I ran into the problem. Almost every single time you had already addressed the issue with someone else in the forums, so there was no need to go any further.

I look forward to seeing what Dropbox does to fix this issue.

• JOeMTC
    JOeMTC
    Community Member
    Options

It works! Thank you.

• Daan
    Daan
    Community Member
    Options

It does! Not only for the main vault, but also for secondary ones somewhere else in a dropbox folder structure. Great!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Yes! Your posts prompted me to check again for the second time today, and sure enough, I have access to 1PasswordAnywhere again.

• panoz7
    panoz7
    Community Member
    Options

It works! Thanks so much for the quick fix!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi everyone,

It looks like some of you are already aware, but I just wanted to pop in here and let you all know that 1PasswordAnywhere is back up and running again!

Thank you all so much for you patience - I know this was a difficult one to deal with.

If you have any further questions, we'd be happy to help! :)

• Teq
    Teq
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Is there anything I need to do to my dropbox/1P setup to get this to work?
    I'm still getting the same "A problem occurred when loading the "file:///Users/stuff/Dropbox/1Password/1password.agilekeychain/data/default/encryptionKeys.js" file." :/
    This happens regardless of the local permissions on the file whether 640 or 777.

PS. I'm on 1Password 4 Version 4.4 (440002), Mav 10.9.3, and hopefully latest dropbox.

• Jasper
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @Teq,

Please try accessing 1PasswordAnywhere via Dropbox.com instead of your local file system.

Or, if you need to access it locally, please see:

1PasswordAnywhere: Local File Restrictions

• Teq
    Teq
    Community Member
    Options

aaah, that explains it... fantastic - it works. Thanks!

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! I'm glad it's working now. Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

• lorenzn
    lorenzn
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem occurred to me after a long time of using 1password anywhere. When I try to open the 1Password html in the Web-Dropbox-Folder I get a blank white page in any Firefox installations. In addition I have some other filed with the name 1Password (1 to 4).html in the folder. Any help to get Anywhere working?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lorenzn‌

If you're seeing multiple versions of the 1Password.html file in Dropbox, the best thing to do here is reset sync. Could you please let me know the version numbers of both 1Password and your operating systems for all computers and devices currently running 1Password? This will ensure I give you the best instructions. :)

• @lorenzn‌

The 1Password (1..4).html file(s) issue is a known problem that has been resolved. You can simply delete all of the 1Password.html files except for the original one (the one actually named "1Password.html").

Does the problem you are experiencing occur in web browsers other than Firefox (e.x. Safari)?

Please let us know.

Ben

• lorenzn
    lorenzn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the answers, I deleted all (1-4) files.
    The version number on W8 is 4.0.1.503, on iOS is 5.0.1
    Thanks again
    Sp

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lorenzn‌

Thanks for getting back to us with those version numbers! Ben's idea of simply deleting the extra 1Password.html files should have you all sorted, but if you're still having difficulty, please let us know and we'll go ahead with resetting sync.

Have a great day!

• lorenzn
    lorenzn
    Community Member
    Options

I am really sorry, but the page 1Password.html is still a blank one. Any help?

• @lorenzn‌

Does the page appear blank only in Firefox, or does that happen with other web browsers as well?

• lorenzn
    lorenzn
    Community Member
    Options

with all browsers, thanks

• What does the file size on the 1Password.html file say?

• lorenzn
    lorenzn
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for getting back so late, I somehow lost the last answer, the file size is currently 160 kb and the page is still blank o n all browsers. Help would be appreciated.

• Hi @lorenzn,

It sounds like the 1Password.html file may be corrupt.

Try deleting the 1Password.html file, then run 1Password on any device (the app will regenerate it). That should hopefully fix it.

Let us know if that helps!

• lorenzn
    lorenzn
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Jasper, after deleting the html file is gone, no regeneration until now after open IOS app and PC App, sorry

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lorenzn,

Please try repairing your data file on your PC. Just open 1Password and use File > Repair 1Password vault. This should properly regenerate the 1Password.html file.

This discussion has been closed.