which version to use (edited)

Options
chubbco
chubbco
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Somehow I seem to have purchased two versions of 1Password: 1Password (from the App Store) and 1Password4 from agilebits.

It's a recipe for confusion.

The database for 1P4, which is the version that has the Chrome extension installed, shows 269 items. The database for 1P (from the Mac App store) shows 263.

Both the mobile devices are synced through iCloud, but the iPad is showing 274 items and the iPhone is showing 272.

So clearly I need to make a choice and wipe one out of the versions installed on the Mac. Which should I wipe, and which database will survive?

Comments

• chubbco
    chubbco
    Community Member
    Options

Both, by the way, are 4.3 but the build number is slightly higher on 1Password4 from agilebits.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chubbco‌

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

Two versions of 1Password can get a bit confusing, and we'd be happy to help sort this out. In order to sort out which data is where, I'd like to take a closer look at your system. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.