Confused on how to use

Options
Larry Hemmerich
Larry Hemmerich
Community Member

I understand CATEGORIES but here is myconfusion
I add my bank to LOGINS...works

I now see a CATEGORY called BANKS....what is the purpose of that CATEGORY. What does it have todo with PASSWORDS??

If I enter bank info there is no place for login so this entry can not be used for login to my bank..

What is the correct way to use 1password

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Most of us use 1Password to store lots of other valuable and private information besides login credentials. For example, I have a Login entry for logging in to my bank's web site. But I also have an entry under Bank Accounts that contains lots more information about my accounts, including account numbers, routing numbers, and the like. You will find most of the categories are for things other than logins. Think about the whole app as an encrypted safe place to store sensitive information of all kinds, including login credentials for web sites.

• Larry Hemmerich
    Larry Hemmerich
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I got it, but would be nice if it was one entry....i have been using LifeLock to store that kind of data. Because they take a picture its easy. Hope 1 pass will get that also
    Thanks!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Lots of folks here would like to be able to store login credentials along with other information about something. For now, the only way to do that would be to add the other information in the notes section of the login entry.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You can also, with the latest release, associate linked items by using tags.

Stephen

• Thanks for the thoughts everyone. We're always looking for ways to improve 1Password and these are interesting ideas.

• donmontalvo
    donmontalvo
    Community Member
    Options

It would be nice if "Banks" included these basic fields by default...or am I missing the "templates" function somewhere? :)

*Account Number
    *Routing Number
    *Wire Transfer Code

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @donmontalvo,

When you create a bank account item, there is a field for Account Number, Routing Number, and SWIFT code:

This discussion has been closed.