WHY does syncing break EVERY TIME there is an update

Options
pwpphoto
pwpphoto
Community Member

Why is it that every update breaks syncing? Everything worked fine until the latest updates again and now syncing is broke. I have 2 macs an iPhone and iPad which now all have a different set of password information and they will no longer sync.

Wish I could get my money back from this pre-alpha software.

Comments

• Grunt_at_the_Point
    Grunt_at_the_Point
    Community Member
    Options

One solution appears to be go to 1Password on your Mac, open preferences, open sync, then there was something else that I clicked and now all my devices are syncing. Whatever it was that I clicked in sync on my Mac is no longer present. Also, I turned off my IOS devices and turn them back on.

iCloud syncing is problematic for many developers. I would not blame 1Password for this problem if you are using iCloud sync. Read here http://goo.gl/fzepD

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pwpphoto‌

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, sync does need to be reset on 1Password 4 for iOS in the 4.5 update. We have some great new docs to guide you through the process:

Please let me know where in the process you're running into trouble and I'd be happy to walk you through the process! Our developers have made some great improvements to sync for this update, so once things are set up, you should see a more reliable sync process. :)

This discussion has been closed.