"1Password" is damaged and can't be opened

Options
catskills509
catskills509
Community Member

I have tried binning the app and downloading it again from the AppStore but every time I try it appears to have already downloaded most of the app ( the download bar starts at about 75% and when it appears again in my applications folder it is still broken. I'm running 10.8.5. Any suggestions?

Comments

• midwestfarmer
    midwestfarmer
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased the app this morning. Nothing happened. Running on a mac OS X 10.9.2. Icons appeared, but the clicking on them yielded nothing. Looking for suggestions, too.

• catskills509
    catskills509
    Community Member
    Options

Now Solved. Cleared AppStore cache files. Following the wise words in this thread http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20121012020512148

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @catskills509‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1Password. I wish we had gotten here in time to help you sort it out, but I very much appreciate that you posted the fix steps here - thanks for that!

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Hi @midwestfarmer‌

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

Did the steps posted above help your situation at all?

If you're still having trouble, I have a few follow-up questions to ask to try and track down the source of this issue. Do you see the 1Password app in your Applications folder or your Downloads folder? Are you able to right-click and open it manually? Please provide as much detail on the steps you are taking to open 1Password as possible. The more we know about your situation, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out.

This discussion has been closed.