Ipad v4.5 quick access code

Options
DaveRo
DaveRo
Community Member

I just upgraded to 4.5. On the previous version when i tabbed to a different app, and came back to 1P I would be prompted for a quick access code. I don't see in options the ability to set it. Has this "feature" been eliminated? It was nice to have... Rather than entering the master password

Thanks
Dave

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

You will need to reset it in the setup menu under Sync. They did this so all users would be informed that they could use the iOS keychain to temporarily store their master password to make the feature work better. If you take that approach, the timeout includes time when the application has been closed by the OS. If you want to use the quick access code, but not store the master password in the keychain, you can turn that off in the Advanced section of the setup menus. Then it will operate like you are used to.

As has been explained elsewhere in the forum, the master password is only stored temporarily in memory of you own device. It never leaves your device and it is cleared when the application is closed completely.

• DaveRo
    DaveRo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Somehow, i missed the setting under security! Got it working!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Oops! Under Security. Right.

• Thanks for the assist @hawkmoth‌! Glad you got it working, @DaveRo‌!

This discussion has been closed.