Moving from DropBox Sync to iCloud Sync [resolved; using a better fitting Dropbox configuration]

Options
bchabot
bchabot
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

Hello,

I'm running 4 1Password Apps : 1 on my iMac, 1 on my iPhone, 1 on my iPad and 1 on my Windows laptop.
I'm now using DropBox in order to sync all my stuff.
I'm plan to move to iCloud sync

Is there possible to sync also 1Password on my Windows laptop with this method ?
If yes .. What procedure did you recommend to do that safely ?

Best Regards

Bernard

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

You won't be able to use iCloud for your Windows machine. Apple doesn't allow access. If you want all of your devices to be alike, you'll need to stay with Dropbox.

• bchabot
    bchabot
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks you hawkmoth

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @bchabot, on @hawkmoth's behalf. :)

Dropbox currently offers the most flexibility for cross-platform syncing with 1Password. Apple's support for iCloud on Windows is too limited and restrictive for 1Password to use it.

• bchabot
    bchabot
    Community Member
    Options

Well it his clear ... now I'm using several dedicated DropBox folder instead of the root of DropBox ... It really match my needs .... you can close this thread for me.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bchabot,

I'm glad to hear you've now got a Dropbox configuration that fits your needs. Thanks for letting us know.

At your request, this thread is now closed. Feel free to start a new one if something else comes up. :)

This discussion has been closed.