Sync multiple vaults as primary

Options
j!e!t!s!
j!e!t!s!
Community Member

I created a secondary vault for my son in 1Password on my Mac. I would like him to be able to sync this vault with his iPad, but I don't want him to have my primary vault on his iPad. Is it possible for his iPad to only sync with the secondary vault? I sync through my Dropbox account, and his iPad is already linked with my Dropbox acct.

Comments

• FreemanD
    FreemanD
    Community Member
    Options
    • 1 to this feature request. without it using multiple vaults across multiple users doesn't work...
  • Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @j!e!t!s!

Unfortunately it is not possible at this time to use a secondary vault as the primary on iOS. You're not the only person to suggest a scenario like this, however, so we are looking into ways to make vaults more flexible on iOS.

Hi @FreemanD‌

Thanks so much for adding your thoughts here, this certainly has been a popular request lately. Our developers are looking into options here, and I'm happy to add your vote to the existing feature request.

• FreemanD
    FreemanD
    Community Member
    Options

Still hoping for an update on this feature (or fix to this problem to take the negative). Vaults hold lots of promise, but the current execution leaves a lot to be desired. Here's hoping this one is close to the top of your list!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @FreemanD,

We've had a lot of great updates to 1Password since we last chatted in this thread, and now 1Password locates all vaults in Dropbox on the initial set-up, not just the ones named 1Password.agilekeychain. If you set up 1Password as a new user, you should see the option to choose any of your vaults.

If you are seeing something different, please do let me know!

This discussion has been closed.