Can I use wild cards to prevent LogMeIn from asking to save a login?

Options
christianboyce
christianboyce
Community Member

I use a service called "LogMeIn" to connect to various computers remotely. It starts via a website showing me a list of computers that I have access to, then I click on one of those computers and I am taken to a log-in page where I supply a machine-specific username and password. After I enter the name and password and click to submit, 1Password asks me whether I want to remember this login and my answer is "Not for this website." Then, next time I come to connect to that computer, 1Password asks me again. I believe this is because LogMeIn generates a new URL each time I click on a computer, which is of the form "computer name + random string + logmein.com + more stuff." I can see in 1Password's preferences that the entire URL is being remembered as one to NOT ask about, but I want to say "don't ask about ANY URL that is from logmein.com." The preferences imply that this should be possible, since in the Browser section it says "Automatically ask to save new Logins (except on the following domains)" (my emphasis). Can I tell it that the domain logmein.com is off-limits? As it stands, I have to cancel out the automatic "Save this login" dialog box every time I connect to any machine using LogMeIn.

My hope was that I could get what I want by editing an entry in the "except on the following domains" setting like so:

*.logmein.com

but that has not worked for me.

Am I doing something wrong? I really do want to block a domain, just as the preferences suggest.

c

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @christianboyce‌

Thanks so much for taking the time to write in! Unfortunately, at this time, 1Password cannot block wildcard domains. You will need to enter a specific URL. This is an often-requested feature though, and I'm happy to add your vote to the existing request in our issue tracker. :)

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you here, but please let me know if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.