Dropbox Sync not *staying* set up after initial 4.5 upgrade

Options
leesweet
leesweet
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

First, I've read the other threads. And, I had to, of course, re-set up Dropbox sync when I upgraded to 4.5. However, after seeing this was a global issue, I just went to check my sync settings for the heck of it, and I more or less got the same result I got on initial upgrade:

1. Again, I had to: Choose Service:
  2. Dropbox: then it finds everything, etc.
  3. Sync 434 items, etc.

So, something else is going on. It's not migrating the old settings for the upgrade, and it's not keeping the settings that we set when we do set them. This is a lot worse than a needed one time setup.

I'll see if I can figure out when it breaks; let me know if I can furnish other info.

As a test, I just killed 1P (swipe up, etc.) and restarted it, and it's now syncing, so it's not that simple. Could the 7.1.1 upgrade have an impact? That's the only major thing I can think of that's happened. I can try rebooting and see if that causes it... Very weird.

(And now Dropbox on my PC reports 115 added files from the iOs sync. That's weird, also.)

ETA: This was on my iPhone 5s, 7.1.1, of course. iPad mini Retina with 7.1.0 didn't have the issue. Rebooted the iPhone, settings are still there. So, that's not it.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @leesweet,

Thanks so much for providing such detailed feedback here! It sounds to me like everything is all working properly for you now, right? Please do keep an eye on things, and if you notice anything else, do let us know!

This discussion has been closed.