FileMaker > 1Password

Options
heiste
heiste
Community Member

Can I import data (User-ID, Password etc.) from FileMaker PRO into 1Password?

Comments

• williamporter
    williamporter
    Community Member
    Options

Not directly. But 1Password will import a .csv (comma-delimited) file. So export your data from FileMaker Pro to .csv; then import that file into 1Password. Haven't completely tried this myself but I did look at the import dialog in 1Password 4 and .csv is one of the types of files that are supported.

Will

• heiste
    heiste
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Will for your advise. Now I have to clear if I can download 1Password for Mac OS X.6 (Snow Leopard) and what happens when I update Mac OS X later on. Can I update then also 1Password without renewing all the data?

• williamporter
    williamporter
    Community Member
    Options

Heiste: My GUESS is that, if 1Password runs okay in Snow Leopard, you can upgrade to Mavericks (OS X 10.9) without causing any problems to 1Password. After all, 1Password writes its own encrypted files. But you shouldn't take my word for it. Good luck. Will

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @heiste‌,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

1Password 4 requires OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or higher. If you are using 10.6 (Snow Leopard) currently, you'll need to run 1Password 3. 1Password 3 licenses are no longer directly purchasable in our store, but if you purchase a license for 1Password 4 for Mac from our website, we'd be happy to add a license for 1Password 3 to your account so that you can use 1Password 3 now, and there will be a shiny new license for 1Password 4 waiting for you when you do decide to upgrade. (If you prefer to purchase from the Mac App Store, please email your purchase information in to support@ agilebits .com and our support team can create a version 3 license for you directly.

I hope this answers your questions, but we're here if you require anything further! :)

This discussion has been closed.