Backup Failed

Options
coezoo
coezoo
Community Member

When I navigate to preferences and Backup, There are no backups listed. When I click on "Backup Now" I receive the following error:

1Password failed to create a backup: Error Domain=com.agile...

Any ideas?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

One possible solution is to restart 1P mini. Try going to 1P4 > Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini and see if you can make a backup then. If that doesn't work try restarting your machine.

Stephen

• vlbrown
    vlbrown
    Community Member
    Options

" If that doesn't work try restarting your machine."

Seriously?
    I don't think so.

I'm getting the same error. Nothing in the console logs. There should not be an error.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vlbrown,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. Please try this:

• Open 1Password.
    • Click the 1Password menu, hold down the Control key, and select Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Restart the Mac.
    • Relaunch 1Password.

This should get things sorted out. :)

• alisonb
    alisonb
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having this issue. I have tried restarting 1Password, 1Password mini and the computer, but the problem continues.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alisonb,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues after trying those troubleshooting steps! We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up here.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• alisonb
    alisonb
    Community Member
    Options

I just emailed the diagnostics report. Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alisonb,

We've received your email with the report; thanks for sending it in! Someone from our support team will review it and get back with you as soon they can with more help to fix your problem with failing 1Password backups. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to ensure we're not getting wires crossed between here and there. :)

internal reference number: LQD-72613-562

This discussion has been closed.