Family Pack.

Options
BikerBob
BikerBob
Community Member

I have 1Password 4 for Mac on my iMac and my MB Pro and I have 1Password for iOS on my iPhone and iPad.

My wife has a MB Pro and an iPhone.

What is the best course of action for us? For me to pay and convert my 1Password 4 for Mac to a family plan and add my wife's computer into the mix or to have her take advantage of the sale and get her own copy of 1Password 4 for Mac?

Am I correct in assuming that there is no family plan for 1Password iOS version and that she should get a copy of her own while it is on sale?

Many thanks.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

I don't know the details of pricing for the current half off sale, but I wouldn't be surprised if you would be ahead by having your wife purchase her own individual license at half off, so long as there are only two of you needing access to the Mac version.

With respect to the iOS version, Apple has no mechanism for offering bundles, so your wife will need to buy her own copy for her iPhone. The exception would be if you share the same Apple ID with her. If you do, you can both use the application with one purchase. Incidentally, the same is true of the Mac version if you bought it from the Mac App Store and you both share the same AppleID.

(For a variety of reasons, I know wish that I shared the same AppleID with my wife. 1Password isn't the only iOS application for which both of us have purchased copies separately.)

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that response, hawkmoth

This discussion has been closed.