Safari Extension and spindump Errors [moved to email]

Options
rlh
rlh
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

On my iMac running 10.9.2 (everything up to date, latest version of 1Password) I'm seeing this in the Console log:

4/26/14 12:44:53.302 PM 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper[446] 430017 [EXT:0x7ff6f0d0eca0:] M start | [ES4] Starting JSE server on port 10196
4/26/14 12:44:53.819 PM 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper[446] 430017 [EXT:0x7ff6f0e0e180:] M webSocketForURI: | [ES4] Extension connected Safari-Extension 'safari-extension://com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2bua8c4s2c / (null)'
4/26/14 12:49:10.879 PM ReportCrash[11148] Invoking spin dump for pid=8504 wakeups_rate=426 duration=106 because of excessive wake ups
4/26/14 12:49:32.793 PM ReportCrash[11148] Invoking spin dump for pid=11147 wakeups_rate=1319 duration=35 because of excessive wake ups
4/26/14 12:49:59.159 PM 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper[446] GetFrontProcess failed: -600
4/26/14 12:49:59.160 PM 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper[446] GetFrontProcess failed: -600

The pids referenced were 1Password processes. Seems to be aligned with the time the screen is either locking or being unlocked.

I was troubleshooting the iMac being slow/unresponsive. Don't know if this is all of the problem, part of it, or harmless. But I don't see the same on my MacBook Pro.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @rlh,

Thanks for sharing the logs with us, that is very weird. A few questions if you don't mind answering:

1. The 1Password processes, were they the 1Password app or 1Password mini? The next time you see this slowdown or the error log itself, can you open Activity Monitor from your Applications > Utilities folder and search for 1Password mini, how many processes do you see?
    2. Also, when you said when the screen is being locked or unlocked, are you referring to the 1Password app or the computer itself?
    3. In the 1Password Preferences for Security, can you tell me what the auto-lock settings look like on your screen?

One more thing, we just released 1Password 4.4, can you update to that, reboot your Mac, and see if you can reproduce the problem.

• rlh
    rlh
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Process appears to be 1Password. See screenshot from Activity Monitor (the 1Password window was visible, but locked). Note the Idle Wakeups column! Only a single 1Password and a 1Password mini were running. I have attached some more Console log, nothing really new, but the last spin dump PID corresponds to the PID in the Activity monitor screenshot.

2. The Mac screen unlocking seems to be what triggers the GetFrontProcess failed: -600. But only when unlocking from screen powered down; if the screen saver is still showing it doesn't occur.

3. The 1Password prefs pane is also attached.

4. I did install 4.4 and reboot. All the above occurred after reboot, fresh login. Nothing else running, just 1Password, Activity Monitor, and Console.

• Meek
    Options

Hi @rlh‌,

Thanks for the update.

Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :grinning:

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• rlh
    rlh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Meek, the email has been sent!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We've received your email with the report, @rlh. Thanks for sending that in. Someone from our team will be following up with you more about this issue as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.