Wi-Fi sync with 1Password for Windows

Options
Funglin
Funglin
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere (I couldn't find anything). I am a veteran user of 1Password for Windows (1.0.9.340) but a complete newbie with the iOS product. In trying to set up the iOS version on my iPad, I got stuck on the message that says "File>Wi-Fi Sync" on my desktop. For the life of me, I cannot see this under the "File" menu. What am I missing?

Comments

• alis
    alis
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Funglin,
    this is what I see in 1passord 4 Win Beta. There is the option to select WiFi-Sync. You need to "click" on that menue item and a window will pop-up for further communication (and you can continue on your IOS device only if this pop-up window is open!). Are you using an older version of 1password on your computer which may not have this option avialable? I can't check this, becaues I use the Beta version for Windows.

• Funglin
    Funglin
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Alis. I don't see that option at all on my 1Password Win, which is the current production version.

I also just came across this page:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/wi-fi-sync.html

Not sure if this reflects current thinking, but the installation information that comes up with the iOS version is certainly confusing. ;)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

@Funglin

Not sure if this reflects current thinking, but the installation information that comes up with the iOS version is certainly confusing.

Not at all. It says 1Password 4 for Mac and Windows. As you reported, you are using 1Password 1 for Windows. As @alis noted, version 4 is currently in beta.

• Funglin
    Funglin
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Indeed it does say that. I read it too fast, I guess. I think I got it now - thanks Alis and X3997 :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

You're welcome :) And if you want to get access to the beta, sign up here:

https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

This discussion has been closed.