Feature request: ability to automate mass password changes across sites

Options
pedrum
pedrum
Community Member

It would be nice if 1Password could keep track of the various 'change password' pages on websites, and allow me to directly go to them. For example, a 'Change password' button on edit page that loads up the URL in my browser.

The next step after accumulating a list of these URLs would be to automate password changing scripts, so I that I could simply tell 1Password to go through and change my password (with auto generated ones). It's a 'pie in the sky' idea but would certainly be helpful. I have > 200 accounts in my vault, and the idea of going through and manually changing them all is pain.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pedrum,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write in here!

In light of Heartbleed, you're certainly not the first person to suggest a feature like this. :) Currently, 1Password does allow multiple URLs in an entry, so you're certainly welcome to save the password-change page for each URL manually. I know this isn't quite what you're looking for, of course.

The tricky thing about this lovely 'pin in the sky' issue is that there is no standard 'change password' page for all websites. Automating such a process on all of the uniquely designed websites of the world is certainly no small feat.

This isn't to say that we're not looking into it. It would be a vastly useful feature (I know I'd love it!) and it's on our dream to do list.

This discussion has been closed.