1password doesn't fill out login form properly on wildundhund.de and macuser.de [Will work on it]

Options
Dennis Schäfer
Dennis Schäfer
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

Hi all,

I have created logins in 1 password for two forums. The login forms (user and pw) of both forums are in the upper right corner side by side (rather than over and under). Not sure whether this plays a role, I just noticed that it seems not to work when the login forms are arranged like this.

When I want 1password to fill in my login details it apparently puts both parts (user name and pw) in the user form and the pw form leaves blank and consequently I cannot login.

The relevant pages are:

http://forum.wildundhund.de/forum.php

http://www.macuser.de/

What to do?

Thanks and cheers

Dennis

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does it help at all if you re-create the save the logins manually?

Stephen

• Dennis Schäfer
    Dennis Schäfer
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I did that but with no success.

• Dennis Schäfer
    Dennis Schäfer
    Community Member
    Options

Does anyone have an idea?

• Meek
    Options

Hi Dennis,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password!

I ran some tests on these two websites, and I can confirm that 1Password is having trouble filling them properly. As there are so many different ways to build websites, sometimes they don't always play nice with 1Password :( We are working hard to be compatible with as many websites as we can! I am really sorry for the inconvenience! Thanks for letting us know about these ones - I have noted them down.

• Dennis Schäfer
    Dennis Schäfer
    Community Member
    Options

Sounds good, thank you. I guess we can expect this to be fixed by way of a software update, can we?

• Meek
    Options

Hi Dennis,

I have indeed added them to our list of sites having trouble with 1Password. While I can't make any promises, I can assure you that we will look into it!

• Dennis Schäfer
    Dennis Schäfer
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thank you very much for taking this up.

• MikeT
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @Dennis Schäfer‌,

On behalf of Meek, you're welcome.

The good news is that we're making some progress on these pages with the upcoming 1Password 4.2 extension update. The bad news is that while it fills in the password, the site puts in an overlay on top of the password, so it looks like it is not filled in but it is behind it. You have to click into the password field to see the password and then submit it manually.

We'll see if we can figure a way around it.

This discussion has been closed.