Sync with new phone

Options
LucyCB
LucyCB
Community Member

Am running 1PW4.1 on my mac and syncing with dropbox to my iphone. Have just upgraded my iphone to a 5s and now am getting the error message 'no sync source was found for profile' so 1PW is not syncing with my phone. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LucyCB,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting 1Password synced up. First of all, I'd like you to check for updates on your Mac - 1Password 4.3 was recently released and it comes with a lot of great fixes (and some shiny new features too!)

Now, let's reset sync to give things a fresh start:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and choose 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync (by following these directions). That should get everything on the same page for sure.

• LucyCB
    LucyCB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, all now working fine and syncing with everything.

• MrRooni
    Options

Glad to hear it, Lucy!

This discussion has been closed.