Keyboard Shortcuts

Options
cycle4passion
cycle4passion
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

I am shocked at the glaring absence of useful keyboard shortcuts in 1Password, Right now I have to hack it together using other software interacting 1Password Mini menus. Some don't work well because of the dynamic nature of the 1Password Mini menu. It is incomprehensible that a mature product like this hasn't included the functionality for which people seek this kind of software: safe and accessible passwords.

Requests:

1. User defined hotkey for showing password generator
  2. Ability to define default Identity and Credit Card per machine, and user defined hotkey for filling with identity/card

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cycle4passion‌

Here are a list of 1Password's existing keyboard shortcuts We've added a few more in version 4.3, including the ability to switch vaults using the shortcut ⌘1-9.

That being said, I think a shortcut for the password generator is a great idea, and I'm happy to pass it along to our developers.

To have easier access to your preferred Identity and Credit Card, please try marking them as Favourites by clicking the star below the item title. :)

• axon
    axon
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan This is where the ⌘9 has gone to, as I was missing it in the latest version. I use only Wi-Fi sync and was wondering what had happened to it. The document you linked again still mentions the old behaviour. If possible, I would love to see he window keyboard shortcuts to come back.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @axon,

I sincerely apologize that ⌘9 got re-purposed! I'll see if we can't get our document updated for you ... and I'll add a vote to the existing feature request for a Wi-Fi sync shortcut. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @axon,

It is possible to add a keyboard shortcut (of your choosing, within system limitations), for Wi-Fi sync using System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts, e.g.:

Some other keyboard shortcuts are mentioned in this blog post:

1Password 4.3 for Mac: The full release notes

I hope that's helpful. :)

• cycle4passion
    cycle4passion
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Thanks for the replies. Am I the only one who doesn't want to traverse menus to select a default identity or credit card?????

FYI...Hack-a-Thon Keyboard shortcut for 1PW Mini Password Generator PopUp - milage may vary as menus are dynamic/variable

Can make it a service, then apply a shortcut or easier to use Quicksilver or BetterTouchTool and assign keyboard shortcut to run applescript

tell application "System Events"
            keystroke "\\" using {option down, command down}
        delay 0.1
        key code 125 -- down ; past favorites
        key code 36 -- enter ; open password generator
    end tell

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cycle4passion‌

Thanks for letting us know that you're interested in being able to set a default Identity and Credit Card - that does sound like a handy feature. :)

• chefmitch
    chefmitch
    Community Member
    Options

I, too, want a keyboard shortcut (when in the browser) for default identity and credit card.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your interest-vote for those keyboard shortcuts, @chefmitch. I'd personally make use of them, too. :)

This discussion has been closed.