Can an iPad sync to a non-primary vault on a Mac over a local network?

SVanDee
SVanDee
Community Member

My wife and I each have both an iMac and an iPad. We want to share/sync the 1PW databases between all the devices without putting it in anyone’s cloud. At present, each Mac is configured to Folder Sync to a folder on their local disk. We manually sync those two folders across the network with Unison. We manually sync each iPad to an iMac with WI-FI sync.

I see that Macs can share vaults over a local network now so we could eliminate the need to manually sync the Macs. However, it’s only possible to share non-primary vaults. Right? But I don’t see how to sync iPads to anything but the primary vault on a Mac over a local network. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SVanDee‌

I apologize for the trouble here. Currently Wi-Fi sync is only available for primary vaults. Our developers are looking into improving Wi-Fi and ensuring that it is an option for secondary vaults, but for now, Dropbox is your best bet to keep secondary vaults synced up.

I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer for you here, but please do let me know if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.