Can't Sync to iPhone

Options
stsanford
stsanford
Community Member

I noticed that a number of changes made are not reflected in my 1Password on my iPhone. I checked and it's not syncing. Went to re-setup and I get the following:
No 1Password.agilekeychain or 1Password.opvault found in Dropbox...

I have my data files stored in /dropbox/passwords/1password/mykeychainname.agilekeychain
I do have a file in the root of Dropbox called .ws.agile.1Password.settings which contains the proper path to the file.

Any way to get this working again?
Thanks!

Comments

• Hello @stsanford‌, thanks for taking the time to write in. In order to get your primary vault syncing with 1Password on your iPhone you will need to rename it to 1Password.agilekeychain. Once you do so you will also have to change your sync setup on your Mac as well to point to the new keychain.

Let me know how that works out for you and if there's anything else I can do for you.

• stsanford
    stsanford
    Community Member
    Options

Hello MrRooni,
    Thanks for the reply. Actually, yes, I did something similar. I created a blank vault named 1Password.agilekeychain but need to log in to that first, then switch to my primary keychain after logging in. While it works, it's anything but convenient. I hope this is a glitch which can be corrected soon.

I don't think I'm that out of the norm, as my setup follows the following convention:
    Dad.1Password.agilekeychain
    Mom.1Password.agilekeychain
    Kids.1Password.agilekeychain
    Work.1Password.agilekeychain

Thanks so much for the help!

• Your approach is certainly valid, though I agree that it's not as streamlined as it could be. We need to make some improvements to switching between multiple vaults.

In terms of allowing non-1Password.agilekeychain files as the primary vault, we've considered the situation from a variety of standpoints, and we have come to the conclusion that an immediate change cannot be implemented here. Unfortunately, it has been discovered while testing that there is an edge case where disabling and re-enabling sync with a uniquely named primary vault could lead to merged databases.

You are certainly not out of the norm and we are looking into ways to set uniquely named vaults as primary on iOS, but there is no easy way to do this without potentially causing complications. And because we want to be sure that your data stays organized and secure, we will have to continue searching for alternative solutions.

I do apologize for the inconvenience here.

This discussion has been closed.