Hot key problems [moved to email]

Options
rdelrossi
rdelrossi
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I have, what I think, anyway, is an interesting problem.

I have 1Password 4.3 installed on a iMac and a MacBook Pro. Both devices are running OS X 10.9.2 and are similarly configured with other software. I've modified my hotkeys such that ⌘\ triggers the Aflred clipboard history and such that ⌘] triggers 1Password Mini. On my MacBook Pro all is well.

On my iMac, however, there seems to be a keyboard conflict. There, pressing ⌘] always triggers 1Password Mini, all good. But pressing ⌘\ triggers the Alfred Clipboard history the first time the key combination is pressed, but then the clipboard history followed immediately by 1Password Mini (which then closes the clipboard history). If you continue pressing ⌘\ (and press escape to return to an all-closed state for both apps) this sequence will continue to alternate (first the clipboard history, escape to close that, press ⌘\ again and now clipboard history followed immediately by 1Password Mini, escape to close that, and the cycle repeats for every time you press ⌘).

And here's where it really gets interesting. If the main 1Password app is running and in the foreground all the keyboard combinations work correctly. If the app is moved to the background the behavior described above is what I see.

I know this sounds crazy, but I've been struggling with this for a few weeks now and had to ask, am I alone? Does this problem sound even plausible?

Appreciate your help.

— Robert

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hi Robert,

That is indeed an interesting case. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :grinning:

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• rdelrossi
    rdelrossi
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I have submitted the diagnostic report.

— Robert

• Meek
    Options

Hi Robert,

Thanks for letting us know - we have received it and will be following up through email shortly.

This discussion has been closed.