1password will no longer sync because no sync source was found for profile

svanerik
svanerik
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

Hi!

I have problems with dropbox sync on ios. Mainly the problem is on the iPad but I have seen it on the iPhone also.

When I login I receive an error message saying "1password will no longer sync because no sync source was found for profile".

On the iPhone the problem appeared and disappeared after i fiddled around trying to choose sync source.

The only solution I have found for the iPad isto remove the program and reinstall it. Hopefullythereid a better solution. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Good morning @svanerik. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having with 1Password on your iOS devices. You're running into a bug that we have not quite been able to track down yet. As you said, it appears periodically and there are no clear steps to work around it. One thing I would ask you to do is make sure you're running 1Password 4.5.1. It was just released last night and contains some crucial fixes.

As soon as we know more about this bug we will let you know if we find a workaround that you can use while we get it fixed.

• MikeMikeMike
    MikeMikeMike
    Community Member

It's been a month and I still can't sync my iPhone nor iPad because of this bug!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MikeMikeMike‌

I'm so sorry to hear that this bug is causing you trouble here. Unfortunately, our developers are still working to track this one down. I know it's a particularly nasty one, and it is a priority for our team. I've added a vote for you to this issue in our internal tracker.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited June 2014

Just FYI: same Problem here. This is really odd.
    I am on v4.5.2

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ovonquadt‌

Thanks for adding your vote here. I'll mention to our developers that you're keen to see a fix here soon.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Happy to report: the latest Mac OS X update of 1P solved my iOS Problem. Not too much logic in this, but still glad, that I can sync again!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ovonquadt‌

Whoo hoo! Thanks for letting us know that the latest Mac update got things working for you again. I'm so glad to hear that. :) We're here if you have any further questions or concerns.

• Devolution
    Devolution
    Community Member

I'm still getting this problem - it wasn't there before tonight and now, suddenly, it is - can you please advise when you solve it.

• Devolution
    Devolution
    Community Member

and..... now it is working again... you still have a bug somewhere but I'm one happy camper.

• I'm glad to hear it's working now! Please let us know if you run into any other trouble.

• SheldonP
    SheldonP
    Community Member

Still having this same problem on both my iPhone 4S and my iPad (3rd generation) running iOS 7.1.1 and 1Password 4.5.2 on both. Don't have 1Password on my Mac, and the latest OS X version I can run is Mountain Lion 10.8.5 (can't upgrade to Mavericks). Any solutions?

• Hi @SheldonP‌

Have you tried disabling sync and re-enabling it?

Thanks!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Update:

While the 1P Mac update seems to have fixed my sync issue with Dropbox, I have another bug now:
    on one of my Macs, quitting and restarting 1P starts the wizard over and over again, it seems that the settings of that particular Mac don't stick.

On my MacBook however, 1P works just fine. This is really odd.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2014

Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from your ?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: To be clear, I'd like for you to please send us a report from the computer that keeps opening the wizard

• bluephish
    bluephish
    Community Member

i'm having this problem. it looks like i can no longer sync across devices (ios, browser, client) and my client shows no additional passwords for about a month, a limited number of generated passwords, etc. iOS shows 709 items, my 1password client shows under 300 items. Adding new logins through the browser does not sync them with my client. I'm afraid my entire archive is somehow corrupt.

• Hi @bluephish‌

Please see my post above for instructions on sending us a diagnostic report.

Thanks!

• bluephish
    bluephish
    Community Member

i sent a diagnostics report, and followed your CS instructions, but they weren't able to resolve the issue for me. I was told to "wait for an imminent update" or try the beta of 1password4. Well, i'm still waiting for the update, and the 1password4 beta didn't solve anything. I finally restored the old passwords by updating to a backup from over 1 month ago. I'm missing all of the entries since then, but at least have access to most of my data. really disappointed. I still don't know how this happened. It looks like maybe the encryption key was changed? my backups show a rising and falling number of items in the file name, but upon opening latest, I can't even see the values for the few hundred entries that are still visible. Maybe the attached screenshot is helpful. accessing the database from dropbox web shows that decryption failed for all of the entries.

• bluephish
    bluephish
    Community Member

looks like 1password for iOS is still not syncing nicely with my dropbox database. when trying to sync what I previously had on my phone with the dropbox database, it listed the number of items incorrectly (4) as opposed to the 782 that I have. Just creating a new local sync of the dropbox file looks ok.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bluephish‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you're still having trouble here. To better understand your situation, I took a quick look through our email system to see if I could find your email conversation with our team, but I was unable to locate anything recent using the email address attached to your forum account. Could you please send me a private message with the email address you used?

Since you already have a conversation going with our support team, I think it's probably best if we keep things going directly there, just to avoid any confusion or duplication of efforts. We'll do the best we can to get this straightened out just as soon as possible!

• LAD
    LAD
    Community Member

Im having this issue as well... My phone is my main use of the program and now i can't sync.. i tried removing the app and re-installing it now im stuck with no data on my mobile.. :(

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LAD,

In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• LAD
    LAD
    Community Member

@Megan Well my Iphone has 1Password 5.0 that just came out and im using Dropbox to Sync.

For some reason my Primary Vault wasn't syncing with the app thru dropbox so i added a separate vault but every time i closed the app the vault defaulted back to the primary, i tried deleting the secondary vault to see if i could make the primary sync with dropbox but no joy.. then i deleted the app and re-installed now i can't get my vault to sync as the primary..

I was getting the error "1password will no longer sync because no sync source was found for profile" or the other error of "The operation coudn't be completed (NSURLErrorDomain error -1001.) 1Password encountered a problem.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LAD,

We've seen a few users experiencing issues with Dropbox, and we'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:
    http://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• LAD
    LAD
    Community Member

@Megan‌

Well i attempted the sync this morning and it was working maybe a fix was done but im good now..

THANKS! :)

• kxkannann
    kxkannann
    Community Member

I am still getting this error on my iPhone 5 - after I upgraded to iOS 8. Is there a solution for this now?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LAD‌

I'm so glad to hear that you're all sorted out! Keep an eye on things, and if you notice anything else odd, send that Report in and we'll investigate!

Hi @kxkannann‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this trouble! Please reset sync, and then reboot your phone. This should ensure that your settings are properly saved. (Our developers are looking into why this error happened!)

• Uwe Grunewald
    Uwe Grunewald
    Community Member

I am having the same problem reported above. However its on a brand new iPhone 6 on iOS8. Here it however says, that keys cannot be found and dropbox has a 404 error. On my iPhone 4s with iOS7 I got the above reportet error. It looks like there is a severe issue with 1Password, Dropbox and iOS. PLEASE Help!!!

• Uwe Grunewald
    Uwe Grunewald
    Community Member

After deleting the vault on Dropbox and restoring it from the last backup it works on both iPhone4s / iOS7 and iPhone6 / iOS8. Strange.

• Thanks for the update, Uwe! Glad to hear you were able to find a solution.

• timjdowling
    timjdowling
    Community Member

I just switched from iCloud Drive syncing to Dropbox syncing and am also getting the "1password will no longer sync because no sync source was found for profile" error. I am getting it on two iPhone 5's and an iPad Air 1. All are running the latest versions of 1Password and iOS 8. I have tried unlinking the devices from DB and have also uninstalled and reinstalled 1P. Help please!

This discussion has been closed.