After installing OS X security update, 1Password cannot connect to 1Password mini anymore

Options
alanreinke
alanreinke
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I just started using 1Password4. To install an Apple security update I had to restart the computer. When I try to start 1Password4 I get an error message that 1Password cannot connect to the 1Password mini. Clicking OK simply shuts down 1Password. The error message suggests restarting 1Password, which I have done several times without success. As a fallback it says I should contact Agilebits support, which brings me here. I need my passwords back. Help.

Comments

• alanreinke
    alanreinke
    Community Member
    Options

I should add that I am running OS 10.9.2

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you tried specifically re-starting 1P mini? If not, try 1P4 > Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini.

Stephen

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @alanreinke‌,

That's very weird, it sounds like the OS X's security update may have done something to the XPC communication system that we use between 1Password mini and the main 1Password app.

I assume you already rebooted your Mac once more, right?

A few questions:

1. Can you tell me if you're using multiple OS X accounts?
    2. Did you buy 1Password from the Mac App Store or from our website?
  • StevenB
    StevenB
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

I am also having this problem. I just installed the latest 1 Password 4 update and now I can't connect to mini. I have tried all of the other suggestions for getting it to work, but no luck. I updated on my MacBook as well, but I'm not having the same problem. Both are running OS X 10.9.2. I am using the version downloaded from your website.

• roustem
    Options

Is this the "Security Update 2014-002"?

I have it installed but didn't see any problems.

• StevenB
    StevenB
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I installed the security update on April 27 and upgraded 1Password last night on my iMac.

• Meek
    Options

Hi @StevenB,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password! Lets figure out whats going on.

Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :grinning:

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• StevenB
    StevenB
    Community Member
    Options

Report sent this morning. Thank you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @StevenB,

We've received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details.

• Sascha Kirfel
    Sascha Kirfel
    Community Member
    Options

I've got the same problem with my german version. 1password 4.4, MacOS 10.9.2. Please contact me (i hope soon), if you provide a solution. Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Sascha,

Please follow the instructions above to generate a Diagnostic Report and send it in to our team. We'll find a solution. :)

• Sascha Kirfel
    Sascha Kirfel
    Community Member
    Options

Report sent. Thank you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Sascha,

We've received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details.

This discussion has been closed.