How to prevent a mix of languages used in fields?

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member

I run 1Password on my iPhone & iPad which are set to Dutch (in iOS) and on my Mac which is set to English (in OS X).

As a result, field names are Dutch when I create an entry on iOS and English when I create one on OS X, resulting in an ugly mix.

Can I tell 1Password to use the same language on all platforms without changing the default platform languages? How?

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I discovered that I can set the language to English in the iOS Apps.

I'd rather set the language to Dutch in OS X App. Is that possible? How?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

I'd rather set the language to Dutch in OS X App. Is that possible? How?

If you want 1Password for OS X in another language than OS X you need a third party tool like App Language Chooser:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/app-language-chooser/id451732904?mt=12

Both the main 1Password application and 1Password mini need their languages changed. The location of mini is in:

/Applications/1Password 4.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper.app

Quit both the main app and mini before trying to change language. Also, this is not an official method, so backup your data first.

I have only tried this on the website version of 1Password. The Mac App Store version might have trouble with this.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for this nice tip!

Definitely going to try that.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, seems to work! Immediately for 1Password for OS X and after a restart of my Mac for 1Password mini as well.

Thanks again!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for that helpful suggestion, @Xe997. I'm glad it worked for you, @XIII.

This discussion has been closed.