Chrome extension freezing on unlock dialogue

Options
adriandz
adriandz
Community Member

For the past few days, whenever I login to a website that 1Password does not yet have a profile for, the dialogue that appears that says, "Unlock 1Password to save this login" will not accept input into the text field where the master password is meant to be entered. However, it is not entirely frozen; instead, it seems to respond to some input but very slowly and inconsistently, to the point where it not really possible to enter any meaningful information.

I've tried restarting Chrome as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the extension, which is version 4.1.1.90. The only other extensions I have enabled are AdBlock, BrowserStack Local, and JSONView.

I have also updated Chrome to the latest version and it is now Version 35.0.1916.86 beta.

Is the problem with using a beta version of Chrome? I don't remember when I switched to the beta channel, but when I first started using 1Password a month ago, it worked perfectly.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @adriandz,

The prompt (and any other front end UIs) is coming from the 1Password mini, which is a part of the main 1Password app. The extension triggers the call to show the native dialog via a secure localhost connection to 1Password mini. In other words, this may be more of an external issue outside of Chrome if the dialog itself is hanging.

Are you able to unlock the main 1Password app without any slowdown? What about switching vaults?

Here's what I did:

1. Lock the main 1Password app
    2. Open Chrome Beta, which shows: Version 35.0.1916.86 beta
    3. I went to Amazon, enter some fake data, and submit, which bought up the Unlock 1Password prompt and I typed right away. No issues and I was able to unlock.

Is there anything here that's different from what you're doing?

If not, can you tell me which OS X version you're using?

• adriandz
    adriandz
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @MikeT, thanks for the update. It's funny, I came here because I just had a password prompt come up and it worked perfectly, and I wanted to post that things were fixed! A couple of days ago I got an update notification for 1Password to go from version 4.2 (I believe) to 4.4, which I did and am now on. This upgrade appears to have fixed the problem.

By the way - congrats on making such an awesome piece of software. I'm a Hamiltonian and it's nice to see a TO shop see success with software products (I know there are lots of others, but it still makes me proud). I bought the iOS app, so I'm a paying customer, too. Keep up the awesome work and thanks for the support.

• Meek
    Options

Hi @adrianz,

Awesome - I'm glad to hear that the update fixed the problem!

Thanks so much for your kind words and support! It really means a lot to us :)

This discussion has been closed.