Watchtower

Options
Robs
Robs
Community Member

I have 3 vaults and in all 3 vaults are logins for (different) Dropbox accounts. I have updated the passwords for these 3 DB accounts two weeks ago (all at the same day and at the same time).
Now Watchtower shows me that I should update the DB password in 2 vaults, but not in the 3rd vault. How can this happen? Is this a bug or are there other things involved?

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hi @Robs,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with Watchtower! Lets figure out whats going on.

It is possible that the two passwords being shown were updated before the vulnerably was fully patched and the certificates renewed - thus showing that they should be changed again. The third one perhaps was updated later, and so is showing that it doesn't need to be updated again.

• Robs
    Robs
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for the help.

Actually the third password which was not shown in Watchtower was the one I updated first and I updated all 3 passwords within 2 minutes (as shown by the "last change" entry from 1P).
    That's the reason why I don't know what's going on here.

• Meek
    Options

Hi Robs,

That is most interesting indeed. Just to make sure, lets try disabling and re-enabling Watchtower under 1Password > Preferences > Watchtower.

Does it work out any better now?

• Robs
    Robs
    Community Member
    Options

Sry, I already updated all 3 passwords again, so I can't see if it would have helped. But if it should happen again, I'll to try this.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Robs,

I hope things work smoothly for you from now on, but we're here if you do notice any other discrepancies! :)

This discussion has been closed.