Watchtower not clearing warning flag on all pages

Options
Zarkov
Zarkov
Community Member

Many (Most? All?) banks have 2-step logins; where you enter a UserID on one page and a Password on the other. 1Password has well-estiablised ways of handling this issue; no problem. My bank was flagged by Watchtower, for both the UserID page and the Password page. When I changed them both, 1Password cleared the Watchtower alert for the Password, but not the UserID. I can understand this - 1Password wants you to change the password - but it’s annoying to have the UserID flagged every time. Could you add an option to manually remove the Watchtower flag?

Comments

• MikeSh
    MikeSh
    Community Member
    Options

I got around this by temporarily changing one character and then immediately changing it back again . This clears the "Watchtower Flag"

• Zarkov
    Zarkov
    Community Member
    Options

Oops. Spoke too soon. This doesn't work for 2-part bank sites, because the first page loaded does not have a password; it only has a UserID. Temporarily changing the UserID does not clear the flag.

• Zarkov
    Zarkov
    Community Member
    Options

Ahha! Agilebits has recognized the problem - see this thread. But please, guys, make the fix more generally appropriate then just PINS - UserIDs and hardcoded entries need an exclude function was well. How about an option-click to clear the Watchtower flag?

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Zarkov, Great idea - annoying to see the "vulnerability" flag and not be able to clear it when appropriate. Pls guys at Agilebits - make this a priority (among all the others) ;)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Zarkov‌ and @tuni12,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

Thanks so much for the feedback here. We are looking into how to make Watchtower smarter so that you don't have to deal with vulnerability flags where they don't need to be. :)

• Toonetown
    Toonetown
    Community Member
    Options

It would be great if there were some way to clear the watchtower vulnerability flag, if desired...rather than the workaround of changing a password and then changing it back...

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your interest in this, @Toonetown.

Marking certain Login as clear is on our list of Watchtower improvements for a future update.

This discussion has been closed.