just installed 1P 4, not seeing window where I can tell it to get info from 1P 3

Options
mhrovat
mhrovat
Community Member

I'm running 1Password 3.8.21 under Mac OS 10.8.5. I just paid for and downloaded 1P 4 from the Agile Bits web site and moved it to my Applications folder. When I open it, though, all I see is a "Welcome" screen with info about the new version. I don't see any way to get to the login screen where supposedly there's a button that says "I've used 1Password before." I've tried opening and closing both 1P 3 and 1P 4, to no avail. Luckily 1P 3 is still working, but I'd like to start using 1P 4. FWIW, I sync to Dropbox, but the information about helping 1P recognize Dropbox info seems to assume that you can get to the screen that I can't get to. I'm stumped; please help.

While I'm at it:

1. I assume it's OK to uninstall 1P 3 once I'm successfully using 1P 4 and can see my logins and such there, but is there anything I should watch out for?

2. After I'm using 1P 4, does it matter whether I update my license info first or delete and reinstall my browser extensions first?

3. I'm running 1P 4.5 for iOS on my iPad. Do I need to do anything in iOS after I get 1P 4 up and running on my laptop?

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hi @mhrovat,

Thank you for updating to 1Password 4! I am sorry to hear about the trouble, however. Lets figure out whats going on.

First off, on the welcome screen, did you click the "Awesome, lets get started" button in the lower right corner? This can sometimes be easy to miss :)

1Password 4 should automatically find your 1Password 3 data and pull it in - you should just be able to enter your Master Password and see all your data.

If that isn't happening, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :grinning:

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Regarding your other questions:

1. Yes, once you have confirmed that everything is running smoothly with 1Password 4, you can uninstall 1Password 3. The only thing to note here is to not use any third party app cleaner/uninstaller, as these will sometimes remove your 1Password data as well.

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12028/how-to-uninstall-1password

1. 1Password 4 from the webstore comes as a free 30 day trial. Within that period, you can safely remove your older extensions and install the new extensions - assuming you have all your data in 1Password 4. Once the trial is up, however, you will need to register 1Password.

2. Assuming you are syncing your 1Password data through Dropbox, there shouldn't be anything more required to do on your iOS device - it should just continue syncing smoothly.

• mhrovat
    mhrovat
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you kindly! I'm sorry to be so slow to respond. Yes, I just didn't notice the button at the bottom of the Welcome window. With your help, I found it, and everything seems to be fine now. Thank you very much for the answers to my other questions as well!
    Cheers,
    Mary

• Jasper
    Options

On behalf of Meek, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.