Syncing clarification

Options
hamishd
hamishd
Community Member

I have just spent many minutes with Watchtower flagged URLs changing passwords with 1PW 4.4 in Mavericks. I have not synced with "Documents" yet.

My question is, if I sync with 1PW through iCloud to other accounts both on the iMac and an MBP do the "original" URLs take the place of the URLs in the other accounts, or do only the updated ones get changed? None of the other accounts at the moment have the same list of URLs as the updated account and I do not want to lose any.

I do appreciate Watchtower and what it does but would hate to have do re-do all the lists manually.

Thanks for the recent 1PW upgrades.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hamishd‌

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

Now, I'm not quite sure what your question is here, so if I give you an answer that doesn't fit, please let me know and we'll try again. When you sync your data, the most recent data will take priority. So you don't need to update your Logins on the other computers or accounts, because 1Password will sync those changes from where you did make the changes.

If you want to be extra sure that you don't lose any data when you sync things up, please use the File > Backup option to make a fresh backup before syncing. :)

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.