Can't select between Personal or Business Dropbox account on iOS

Options
EricSeaberg
EricSeaberg
Community Member
edited May 2014 in iOS

I have a personal 100GB DB account, and my office just got a 1.6TB account. They are two separate logins, but both IOS and Mac DB client can see both individually. When looking at DB sync on 1Password IOS, it only shows the Enterprise account but is, obviously, using my personal for data. If I select CANCEL SYNC and reset it, my personal account comes up, but 1Password never logs into it... only the Enterprise. Everything's great on Mac OS.

Any ideas? Is anyone else able to confirm this using a DropBox Enterprise account?

1Password v4.5.1
IOS 7.1.1

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I see nobody has responded as of yet. I'm not a DropBox user myself but my understanding of DropBox integration in 1Password for iOS is it's independent of any client and will only allow you to sync with one account. I'm assuming you have to use different email addresses for the two accounts? With a little luck somebody more informed can step in and hopefully you find some resolution.

I believe the sync options on the desktop are more mature than those in iOS at the moment based on other threads I've read.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @EricSeaberg‌,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. First I want to sincerely apologize for the delay. @littlebobbytables‌ is partially correct in that Dropbox syncing within 1Password is independent of the Dropbox mobile app. However, the authentication can be performed through the Dropbox mobile app. I want to confirm a few things before posting a full reply, but I should have more info for you shortly.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Thanks for your patience, @EricSeaberg‌. Can you confirm you have the Dropbox mobile app installed on iOS? When I log in with an account that is linked to a Dropbox for Business account I can manage both personal and business files in the Dropbox app. Then when I enable Dropbox syncing in 1Password for iOS, 1Password takes me to the Dropbox app where I am greeted with the screen below prompting me to choose which account I would like to sync to. Are you seeing both accounts in the Dropbox app as shown in the "Switch between accounts in the mobile app" section in Dropbox's "How do I switch between my personal account and my Dropbox for Business account?" support article?

The Dropbox app then switches back to 1Password once you have authorized access by choosing either your personal or your business account.

Please let me know where you are getting stuck. I'm happy to offer further assistance.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah. You may need to tap "Connect Another Account" if you have already selected your Personal and want to switch to Business (and vice versa). I wonder if that might be the key to success. :)

This discussion has been closed.