Not Filling in username & password

Options
chris604
chris604
Community Member

When I double click from 1 Password to website it opens the page but fills nothing in. If I double click from 1 password again it leaves the first one open, and opens a new tab and fills in username and password. Close the other tab and all is OK.
Why is this extra step happening?

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hi @chris604‌,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password! Lets figure out whats going on.

So, when using the Go & Fill feature in 1Password, if the webpage takes to long to load up, 1Password has to abort the filling process, as it can't know if the page will ever load. As such, sometimes it won't fill in your username and password right away and will require filling it a second time.

It sounds to me like this is probably what is happening here. Lets try something. If you visit the webpage first, and then select your login item from the 1Password extension or mini (or use the Command-\ keyboard shortcut), does it fill in consistently?

If so, then this is what is happening here. We are looking into tweaking the way this process works, as it seems to be falsely timing out for a number of our customers. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes, but for now you will need to use this alternate way of filling in your logins.

This discussion has been closed.