Sync to iCloud won't start on second Mac [moved to email]

Options
Mungus
Mungus
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I've been having syncing troubles using 1Password 4.4 for Mac (App store version) over Dropbox so I decided to switch to syncing over iCloud.

I have 3 Macs. Whenever I enable iCloud syncing on any one of them it's fine. But subsequent ones will not sync. I get the a dialogue box saying that '1Password found existing data in iCloud. It will be merged with your current vault.' but the 'start syncing' button on this dialogue does nothing - it doesn't seem to be active.

Apologies for cross posting. Help!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mungus,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. Please try using Command-Control-Q to quit 1Password and the Mini and re-start your computer. Does this option behave a bit better for you now?

• Mungus
    Mungus
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Megan.

Unfortunately, no, that doesn't resolve the issue. I have also tried disabling iCloud document syncing completely and restarting it. No joy!

It took me a while to figure out how to quit 1Password mini up in the menu bar. For others trying to do this:

1) Click on the 1Password key icon in the menu bar
    2) Click the cog icon on the drop-down menu - to the right of the search bar
    3) Select 'Quit 1Password mini'

• Mungus
    Mungus
    Community Member
    Options

Doh, I actually read your comment @Megan: no, Command-Control-Q followed by restart doesn't resolve this.

• Blond
    Blond
    Community Member
    Options

I reported this problem 4 months ago and worked through the problem with Agilebits which took some time. The response in the end from Agilebits was do not use iCloud sync. I'm not happy with this as iCloud sync is an advertised feature.

Still no fix.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mungus,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're still seeing this issue. I'd like to take a closer look as your system to see if we can determine what's going on here. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Mungus
    Mungus
    Community Member
    Options

Right on @Megan. Report sent.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Report received, @Mungus. Thanks for sending it in.

Our support team will be working with you directly through email to resolve this problem with iCloud syncing, so I'm closing this topic.

This discussion has been closed.